Breast cancer is the most common cancers that are found worldwide. Breast cancer occurs more in women than men and happens when breast cells grow abnormally. Breast cancers are completely curable if detected early. If you experience any symptoms related to the Breast Cancer, you should get yourself diagnosed at a reputed cancer treatment hospitals in India to increase your chances of a complete cure and return to a healthy life.
Let us know all about breast cancer in detail.
Understanding Breast cancer
Some of the risk factors for breast cancer
These factors increase your risk:
- If someone in your family like your mother, sister, or daughter had breast cancer
- If you have a personal history of cancer in one breast
- Increasing age
- Inherited genes
Breast cancer symptoms
- A lump or mass in the breast or underarm
- Dimpling or other changes in the skin over the breast
- Alterations in the size or shape of the breast
- The pigmented area around the nipple shows peeling or scaling
- Swelling in some part of the breast
If you experience any of these symptoms, you need to get an appointment at the best breast cancer surgery hospital for proper diagnosis and successful treatment.
Treatment for breast cancer:
Generally, surgery is the chosen option for breast cancer. The surgery options include lumpectomy for removing the diseased lump and surrounding tissue, along with removal of nodes in armpit or mastectomy, which involves removing the entire breast with the nodes in the armpit. Sometimes the doctors may administer additional treatments like chemotherapy, radiation, immunotherapy, targeted drug therapy, or hormone therapy
List of Top Hospitals for Breast Cancer Treatment in India:
Raheja Hospital: If any of your family members or yourself are affected by breast cancer symptoms, you must visit SL Raheja Hospital, the best cancer treatment hospital in Mumbai, immediately. The experienced cancer specialists at the hospital have successfully treated several cancer patients using state of the art diagnostic and treatment techniques. With a very high success rate, the hospital ranks among the world’s top cancer treatment centers.
Nanavati Hospital: The iconic healthcare institution of Mumbai, Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, blessed by Mahatma Gandhi and inaugurated in 1950 by India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, is now reintroduced as Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital. Its Best Hospital for Breast cancer treatment.
Santosh Hospital Ghaziabad: Santosh Hospital oncology department provides the best comprehensive care for patients with all cancer types, whether it is blood-related or solid tumours. They offer a wide range of cancer services for their patients like diagnosis and screening.
Finding hope and best care in Pregnancy with Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is rare during pregnancy, but even if a woman is diagnosed with the condition, she could still deliver a healthy baby safely by taking essential precautions. Cancer does not usually affect unborn babies, but certain diagnostic tests and therapies may be risky during pregnancy. Some treatment methods pose a risk to babies, especially in the first three months of pregnancy. Even though very rarely, it is possible for cancer to spread to the placenta. It is always advisable to consult a reputed cancer treatment center in Mumbai if you are experiencing symptoms of breast cancer during pregnancy. The cancer specialists along with the Gynecologist and Obstetrician will discuss with you and work out the best treatment methods safe for you and your baby.
Safe Cancer treatment methods during pregnancy
Treatment options for pregnant women depend on the cancer type, the stage of advancement, the pregnancy period, and the location of cancer.
These are the common treatment methods adopted during pregnancy:
- Surgery: This is generally considered a less risky option for both the mother and the baby. The surgeon mainly aims to remove the cancerous tumour with the procedure. The safest period for surgery is the second trimester, but in urgent situations it can be done in the first trimester too. The surgery method depends on the type of cancer. Mastectomy (entire breast removal) or lumpectomy (removing only the affected part) are the common surgery options.
- Radiation therapy: The high-energy X-rays used to destroy cancer cells can harm the fetus when used during the first trimester. Radiation is avoided in pregnancy and is offered after delivery only.
- Chemotherapy and anti-cancer medicine: This method concerns administering toxic substances for destroying cancer cells in your body, such treatment and other anti-cancer medication could harm the fetus, or cause birth defects, especially when used in the first trimester. During the second and third trimesters, specific anti-cancer drugs and chemotherapies are considered safe
Is it necessary to delay treatment?
The effectiveness of cancer treatment is generally unaffected by pregnancy.
The best treatment for cancer depends on the type, stage of cancer and the progress in pregnancy.
It is best to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of treatment during pregnancy with the team of doctors. Any delay in treatment can cause serious harm to the pregnant woman.
Breastfeeding during cancer treatment
It is considered safe to breastfeed your baby if you have cancer as the malignant cells do not pass from the mother to the baby. However, chemotherapy or other treatment methods like hormone therapy or targeted therapy are known to harm the baby. Consulting a specialist for breast cancer treatment in India would make you understand any risk involved.